Monday, November 5, 2012

2013 Design Team & Guest Designers

Hello everyone!

If you're looking for our current CCC, click HERE.

Thanks for joining us for this exciting announcement!  I'd like to thank all of those who applied to be on our first term design team for 2013.  Although it was difficult to decide, we have made our selections.  They are as follows:

Returning Designers
 
 
New Designers
I live in Des Moines, Iowa, USA with my husband, Patrick, and our 2 kids, Caleb (8) and Bailey (2). I am a nurse at a cardiology clinic to pay for my stamping goodies, and I also spend a lot of time as a youth leader for our church. I've been making cards for 5 years now and love it. Coloring with my Copics is a great way to unwind after a crazy day! Christmas cards are my absolute favorite to make and I'm so thrilled to be on the CCC team!
 
 
Hi Everyone!!
My Name is Jovita Torres mother of a super 6 yr old boy named Lucas, married for
12 yrs to a very supportive man. I started crafting about 6 yrs ago and love it more now!!
super excited to join CCC DT !!
 
 
Hi there, I'm Karen... I live with my husband, Bryan, and our fur baby Abigail, a 4 year old French Bulldog in central Kentucky where I was born and raised. When I am not busy with my full-time job selling shoes to all my fellow shoe addicts, I am pursuing my bachelors degree in Human Resources. I have 2 more semesters and I am done!! With whatever time I have leftover after all that I love to make cards, spend time with my husband, and shopping for crafty supplies! 
 
 
Happy Hellos Everyone!!! My name is Lorie a.k.a. ThePeddler and I live in Baltimore, Maryland with my teenage son. Like many of you, I’m looking forward to six months of shear inspiration and lots of creativity here at Christmas Card Challenges. I began crafting at eight years old. From as far as I can recall [thanks to my mom], my hands were always moving whether I was learning how to macramé (Chinese Knotting), pour slip for ceramic pieces, latch hook, crochet, decorating specialty cakes, etc. I was always doing something on the creative side. After the birth of my son, I scrapped as a hobby. I would attend crop nights. I love it and how my friends responded to my scrapbook(s). Then one evening, I sat down next to Linda—a lady I did not know. She was making greeting cards—lots of them too. By the end of the crop, Linda had hooked me and she wasn’t even aware. I left the crop that night with one and half completed pages (probably because I was too busy watching what she was doing) and she walked out with more cards than I could count. The next time I returned to the crop, I spent half of my time scrapping and the other half making cards. By the time I returned to the following crop, I deemed myself a card maker. I loved the idea of creating smaller completed projects in a shorter period of time. Looking back, I have learned many techniques. As a result, my style has evolved. If I had to describe my style, it would be truly eclectic. There are many facets to art that I love to bring to my crafts and though you may not see it in one card or layout, it is evident when you visit my blog. I love the art of collage, lots of color, soft hues, bold hues, textures, clear & simple lines, layers and cards that border being slightly baroque. My favorite embellishment is ribbon. Paper makes me weak to my purse and my most difficult challenge is creating for that male recipient. Now that you know a few things about me, feel free to tell me something about you.
 
 
Guest Designers
 
I can't wait for you to see what beautiful creations they will be sharing with all of you.  Please help us welcome them.  You can visit each of their blogs by clicking on their names.  These talented ladies will be joining us, starting in December.  We can't wait! :)
 
Stay crafty my friends!

6 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Wooh Well Done to the New Designers. Looking forward to seeing all the lovely cards, Hazel (Guest DT for March xx)

rachel said...

well done ladies - looking forward to working with you in January! Hugs Rachel xx

Alanna said...

Congrats to all the new designers. I look forward to working with you. This is a great team and such a fun challenge blog.

Margo said...

I am thrilled to be a returning DT member, and want to congratulate my fellow team mates- both returning ladies, and new members!!

Ju Budant said...

OMG I'm ansious and looking forward to working with you in february!

RiNNE said...

Congrats new DT and guest DT!! Can't wait to work with y'all and continue to get inspired! So thrilled to be returning as one of the alumni DT members :).