Sunday, September 12, 2010

2010 Christmas Card Challenge Week #41

Wow!  We had a fantastic turn out for last weeks challenge! All of your cards were amazing and we loved looking at them all! You guys really like CAS cards, huh? This weeks challenge is Christmas Trees.  Please keep in mind that our challenges each week are optional. Any Christmas card is perfect for any of our challenges. The idea is to help get your Christmas cards done ahead of time so you won't be rushing at the end of the year to get them done.

Our winner from last week's entries, thanks to random.org is:  #23 - Lena (Room 4 Craft).  Congratulations Lena!  Please email me (steph_castro@hotmail.com) with your address so that I can get your stamp mailed to you.

This week we have one of my favorite people guesting.  I'm sure you all know her from her awesome design team work and her fantastic sense of humor, but I'll let her tell you about herself.  Please welcome the amazingly talented, Susan Liles.

Hi, it’s me, Susan! I’m so thankful to be here as the guest designer! Wow! I’m Susan Liles, otherwise known as susiestampalot on SCS and my blog. I’m a stay-at-home mom and I live in the Fort Worth area of North Texas with my husband Eric. We have 3 girls—Shelbie, who is 18 and lives on her own, Lindsie (9) and Audrie (6). I’ve always been a crafty girl. I can remember making Christmas presents with my mom when I was very little. I learned how to sew when I was 6, have done lots of acrylic painting (tole), started scrapbooking about 16 years ago, and my love of crafting has since evolved into primarily stamping and papercrafts, which I’ve only done for about the last 5 years consistently. I have a clean style, but sometimes love to dabble in the vintage looks and fun techniques as long as they aren’t too messy! I am a Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni, and I am currently serving on The My Favorite Things , Verve and The Cat’s Pajamas design teams. I love what I do! I hope today I can bring ya’ll a little inspiration from The Cat’s Pajamas. I’ve incorporated my “Christmas” tree using a new banner die with a little twist! Thanks again for letting me share my love of papercrafts with ya’ll!

And, here is her beautiful card for this weeks challenge.


And here are the rest of the design team cards.





We sure hope you find time to play along this week! We're another week closer to Christmas!

Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. Generic blog links will be disabled or deleted. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL. Don't forget to post a comment so we know you added a card!

9 comments:

Caseyslilprncss said...

Love your cards!! They are darling!! Submited mine!! Thanx! ~Sarah~

Renkata said...

Beautiful cards.

Miria said...

Hi, DT. Great challenge. Thank you. Miria

Lena said...

Wow~
I'm glad to say that I won the challenge#40.
I've mail my address.
Thanks.
Lena x

Barb said...

The Design Team has done a fabulous job with this one! I played along...thanks for the challenge.

Tine said...

Great challenge, and so unusual. Glad to join you this week. Only small trees on my entry, LOL, but part of the focal point! Hope you like it.
Tine :)

Dot said...

Just a christmas card from me. The tree is missing......
Fab cards from the DT.
hugs Dorte

Kay said...

I love Christmas trees, so I had to play along. Thanks for a great challenge!

MiMi said...

This is a wonderful Christmas Card challenge. And those designs are great!