Sunday, August 29, 2010

2010 Christmas Card Challenge Week #39

Greetings everyone!

Wow, we had such great participation last week!  Thanks to all who were able to join us.  Your cards were beautiful!  Now, it's time for another challenge.  This week the challenge is Sparkle & Shine.  What kind of "sparkle and shine" is totally up to you.  We just want to see what you can do with your bling.  Keep in mind that our challenges each week are optional.  Any Christmas card is perfect for any of our challenges.  The idea is to help get your Christmas cards done ahead of time.

Please help me in welcoming our guest designer this week, Marjorie Eno.  Here is a bit about her, in her own words:

Hi! My name is Marjorie and I'm a mother to two darling little princesses and wife to my own prince charming. I'm so excited to be a guest designer for Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge! I've always loved being creative even when I was in grade school. I drew, sketched, and colored between homework and music practice. As I got closer to high school, music took over and I left art behind. Then, seven years ago a friend got me into scrapbooking when I was pregnant with my first little girl and I've been addicted to papercrafting ever since! After getting into card making and then stamping, I started a blog and have met so many great gals and learned more than I thought possible in just a couple years. I started playing here and there in Sparkle's Christmas challenges from the very beginning, and I love seeing the challenge and snatching inspiration when a Christmasy mood strikes. It's such a delight to get to guest design for the Sparkle & Bling Challenge this week. I hope you enjoy my card!

And here is her beautiful card.

Isn't it lovely?  You can't really tell, but Marjorie says there is lots of glitter in the papers she used.  I'm sure it's much more sparkly in real life.

And here are the rest of the design team's cards.

 




Sure hope you find time to play along this week!  Christmas is almost here!

Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. Generic blog links will be disabled or deleted. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL. Don't forget to post a comment so we know you added a card!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks so much for a great challenge especially since Christmas is coming up :) Lynn xx

dragonllew said...

Great challenge love the DT's work

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful cards from the DT members. I love the challenge :)

Hanneke said...

Nice DT cards!
I like the theme 'sparkle and shine', and already made a few SandS cards. Maybe this card is not the most sparkling card, but you can see some glitters en gems on it ;-)

Anita said...

Very pretty cards from the DT. Thanks for the inspiration.

Patti J said...

Well done, DT!!! Your projects are beautiful! Thanks for sharing - who could resist sparkle and shine???!!!

tmcc4 said...

Thank you for helping me get my Christmas cards done..I loved the samples..great job!
Mandy