Sunday, July 11, 2010

2010 Christmas Card Challenge Week #32

Hi everyone!

Welcome to another week here at Christmas Card challenges.  We had some awesome submissions for last weeks challenge.  Thanks to everyone who joined us.  Thanks to my hand dandy Random.org, the winner for last weeks prize is:  #10 - Lori.  Congratulations Lori!  Please email me (love4ssm@gmail.com) with your address and I'll make sure Sparkle gets your goodies out to you.

This weeks challenge is to use stitching on your card.  It can be real or faux, or any kind of stitching you like.  I'm sure you guys will come up with some very creative ways to include this into your cards. :) 

I know that I mentioned we had some exciting news to share today, so I'll get right to it.  Today is the first week we will be featuring guest designers.  We've decided that it would be fun to showcase some of our friends, and share some of their beautiful cards with all of you.  Our first guest is Tanya (orangegymnut).  Here is a bit about her, in her own words:

Hi, I’m Tanya. I’m originally from San Diego, CA. I’m married to a wonderful man in the Air Force. We’ve been fortunate enough to be stationed and travel all around the world. We’re currently stationed in Tucson, AZ and plan to retire here. I’m a mom to a wonderful daughter, Mikaela. She’s blessed us with the sweetest little grandson Wylie who’s 17 months old. We have 3 Chihuahua’s- Chi Chi, Kahlua, and Corona.

I was so excited and honored to be chosen as Christmas Card Challenges first guest designer. I was introduced to stamping 10 years ago and fell in love! I do a little scrapbooking, but prefer card making. I find it very therapeutic for me and enjoy making cards to send to people just because I’m thinking of them. I started doing Christmas Card Challenges in January 2010 and have enjoyed the challenges. I know that getting my Christmas Cards out this year is going to be a lot less stressful!

And here is Tanya's adorable card for this weeks challenge.

Isn't it fantastic?  I'm so glad she agreed to be our first guest designer.    Now, here are the rest of the DT cards.





We hope that you'll get the time to join us for this weeks challenge.  We always look forward to seeing your creations!

Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL. Don't forget to post a comment so we know you added a card!

Have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

Kim Burmeister said...

Oh, these are fantastic! Love both the real and faux stitching.

Donna said...

Great inspiration! I love the patchwork that Steph did on her card. Hopefully I will be able to find some time this week to play along.

pat said...

Great cards!! I love all the inspiration...